On 5/10/20 2:11 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
> W dniu nie, 10.05.2020 o godzinie 07∶21 -0400, użytkownik Aisha Tammy
> napisał:
>> On 5/10/20 2:02 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
>>> W dniu sob, 09.05.2020 o godzinie 22∶39 -0400, użytkownik Aisha
>>> Tammy
>>>
>>> It is more likely to be last rited because upstream still didn't
>>> manage
>>> to port it to LLVM 9.  I don't have LLVM 8 anymore, and I don't
>>> have
>>> the resources to build 3 different LLVM versions.
>>>
>> The following issue tells that LLVM 9 is now supported :)
>> https://github.com/numba/llvmlite/issues/523
>>
>> They haven't updated their documentation correctly.
>
> I suppose this means using the fancy variable to disable LLVM version
> checks, correct?

lol, you seem to be experienced with this kind of behaviour :P .
I won't even ask how many times this may have burned you XD .
Indeed, they have changed the version checking feature pretty recently
though nothing too coherent has been given out yet.

Here's to hoping they do it over summer.

>> PS: regarding lack of resources.
>> I have a spare computer and am willing to use that to do some testing
>> for
>> interesting packages like these. I hope it can help us keep a few
>> more
>> packages that would otherwise be killed off.
>
> Well, my hardware died two days ago, so I should have more resources
> mid-next week.  Until then, only minimal work that can be done with
> backup hardware.

That sucks, hardware failure is the bane of everyones existence T.T

Cheers and hope things get better,
Aisha