Michał Górny wrote:
> > I would be happier if some other developers were able and willing to
> > participate actively in the LibreSSL project.
>
> But why would they do that?  What I'm really missing in all the replies
> is a single reason why LibreSSL would be better for anyone.

Maybe because it is so well-known that monoculture is harmful per se,
which is why the commitment to choice in Gentoo is very valuable.

Further, LibreSSL comes out of the OpenBSD project, which has a good
reputation on code quality.

> a real proper, verifiable argument 'LibreSSL is better in this regard'.

Choice is about enabling people to decide for themselves.

Choice is /not/ about forcing people to formally prove utility to yourself.

I acknowledge that what I suggest isn't immediately enabling libressl as
a choice either, but it is at least far less destructive than masking and
removal.

//Peter