On 10/08/2021 10.31, Andreas Sturmlechner wrote:
On Montag, 9. August 2021 20:32:07 CEST Florian Schmaus wrote:
+if ${_DEFINE_XDG_SRC_PREPARE}; then

You don't need an extra variable for that:

if [[ ${EAPI} == [567] ]]; then

Thanks for the suggestion, but I prefer the current approach.

It avoids that someone later drops support for EAPI 5 and forgets adjusting all the cases where it is mentioned. I think your other suggestion, that dropping EAPI 4 in xdg_src_prepare() when removing support for EAPI 4 was forgotten, somehow reinforces my point. :)

However, if someone feels strongly about this, then I am happy to drop the _DEFINE_XDG_SRC_PREPARE variable. That's definitely not a hill I want to die on.

- Flow