Ühel kenal päeval, K, 21.07.2021 kell 17:08, kirjutas Florian Schmaus:
> Note that this removes the export of src_prepare in EPAI 8 as
> requested by ionen:
>
>   1. remove src_prepare export in EAPI-8
>
>   While "some" packages need xdg_environment_reset, most don't
> because
>   the eclass is often only inherited to handle icons/.desktop and
> this
>   just needlessly overwrite the src_prepare of other eclasses
> requiring
>   more careful inherit ordering (e.g. inherit xdg cmake).
>
>   I'd prefer it was clear when a package need this by calling
>   xdg_environment_reset directly. Unless there is a non-trivial
> amount
>   of packages that need it (e.g. for tests) that I'm not aware of.

asturm asked me to reply here if I think the changes are in the spirit
of xdg.eclass, so..

I'm not sure about the spirit, but I personally am fine with the
changes, after the technical nitpicks are figured out in the thread
here.

I do not like at all that we'll need to remember about calling
xdg_environment_reset sometimes, but the status quo of clashing with
other eclasses src_prepare export is probably worse.
And you needing this reset call or not is not at all immediately
obvious - it causing trouble may only happen during test suite run, for
example, when XDG_RUNTIME_DIR is written to, or something else ends up
causing writes to it. Basically ENV_UNSET was a great start, but does
not completely address our XDG env reset needs and it'd be great if
someone championed a full solution for EAPI-9 or something.

I'm starting to think the easiest is to just make the
xdg_environment_reset call unconditionally in meson.eclass
src_configure like cmake.eclass does, and forget all about this for
almost all possible cases.

That rant aside, I'm happy in spirit with the changes as proposed here.

Mart