25.01.2022 17:33, Sam James пишет:

On 25 Jan 2022, at 17:00, Michael Orlitzky <m...@gentoo.org> wrote:

Can I request that Bug: and Closes: tags in our commits automatically
CC the committer on the bug that is modified?

Use case: I often fix (sci-*) bugs that I'm not CCed on, and a user
will leave a comment like "it still crashes on x86" that I never see.
Of course, I could manually CC myself on every bug. But that will send
everyone an extra email, and is forgettable. Plus, avoiding the manual
step is kind of the point of the automation, right?

One potential downside is that the commit author could wind up CCed
twice via an alias, but that could be solved with a sufficiently clever
implementation. Or disregarded if it's not too much of a problem in
practice; the bugs will usually be closed, after all.

I'd quite like this as I do a fair amount of drive-bys.

Yes please. There were a few cases where I broke something when trying to fix something and didn't notice the report.

Thanks for bringing it up.

Best,
sam

--