On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 9:00 AM Michael Orlitzky <m...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Can I request that Bug: and Closes: tags in our commits automatically
> CC the committer on the bug that is modified?
>
> Use case: I often fix (sci-*) bugs that I'm not CCed on, and a user
> will leave a comment like "it still crashes on x86" that I never see.
> Of course, I could manually CC myself on every bug. But that will send
> everyone an extra email, and is forgettable. Plus, avoiding the manual
> step is kind of the point of the automation, right?

Just to clarify here:
For your own commits (e.g. fixing a package you own) you are already
typically on the bug..right?
I assume the major use case here is proxying commits for others (where
they are on the bug, but you are not, either directly, or via an
alias?)

> One potential downside is that the commit author could wind up CCed
> twice via an alias, but that could be solved with a sufficiently clever
> implementation. Or disregarded if it's not too much of a problem in
> practice; the bugs will usually be closed, after all.

The hooks are all public:

https://gitweb.gentoo.org/infra/githooks.git/tree/local/postrecv-bugs

Submit a patch and we can update the hook.

-A