Mikhail Koliada wrote:
> This idea has been fluctuating in my head for quite a while given
> that the migration had happened a while ago [0] and some other
> major distributions have already adopted yescrypt as their default algo
> by now [1].

Please only do that based on proven merit and nothing else.

Fedora or anyone else for that matter making a change is a truly
terrible reason to take any action whatsoever, since other
organizations are driven by /their/ interests - with Fedora in
particular being driven by the business interests of Red Hat.

I consider Gentoo a leader in many regards and it makes me really
sad whenever Gentoo changes based on nothing more than "others did it".

Thanks and kind regards

//Peter