On Sat, 2023-01-28 at 17:38 +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
> TL;DR: I'd like to propose naming dev-python/* packages following PyPI
> names whenever possible, case-preserving, with modifications only when
> necessary to match PN rules.

Based on existing remote-id entries, the following package names are
mismatched (PN on left, PyPI name on right).  Note that some of the IDs
could be wrong, particularly because PyPI "autocorrects" - vs _.

aiohttp-cors                      |     aiohttp_cors
anyqt                             |     AnyQt
automat                           |     Automat
aws-xray-sdk-python               |     aws-xray-sdk
blake3-py                         |     blake3
boolean-py                        |     boolean.py
bottleneck                        |     Bottleneck
cachecontrol                      |     CacheControl
cangjie                           |     CangJie
cerberus                          |     Cerberus
certifi                           |     certifi-system-store
chameleon                         |     Chameleon
charset_normalizer                |     charset-normalizer
cheetah3                          |     Cheetah3
cherrypy                          |     CherryPy
cjkwrap                           |     CJKwrap
cli_helpers                       |     cli-helpers
collective-checkdocs              |     collective.checkdocs
configupdater                     |     ConfigUpdater
cx_Freeze                         |     cx-Freeze
cython                            |     Cython
deprecated                        |     Deprecated
discogs-client                    |     python3-discogs-client
django                            |     Django
django_polymorphic                |     django-polymorphic
dogpile-cache                     |     dogpile.cache
easyprocess                       |     EasyProcess
editorconfig-core-py              |     EditorConfig
elasticsearch-py                  |     elasticsearch7
ensurepip-pip                     |     pip
ensurepip-setuptools              |     setuptools
ensurepip-wheels                  |     pip
et_xmlfile                        |     et-xmlfile
eyeD3                             |     eyed3
flask-api                         |     Flask-API
flask-babel                       |     Flask-Babel
flask-compress                    |     Flask-Compress
flask-cors                        |     Flask-Cors
flask-debug                       |     Flask-Debug
flask-gravatar                    |     Flask-Gravatar
flask-htmlmin                     |     Flask-HTMLmin
flask-login                       |     Flask-Login
flask                             |     Flask
flask-migrate                     |     Flask-Migrate
flask-paranoid                    |     Flask-Paranoid
flask-script                      |     Flask-Script
flask-sphinx-themes               |     Flask-Sphinx-Themes
flit_core                         |     flit-core
flit_scm                          |     flit-scm
flufl-lock                        |     flufl.lock
genshi                            |     Genshi
github3                           |     github3.py
gmpy                              |     gmpy2
google-reauth-python              |     google-reauth
hcloud-python                     |     hcloud
imapclient                        |     IMAPClient
importlib_metadata                |     importlib-metadata
importlib_resources               |     importlib-resources
indexed_gzip                      |     indexed-gzip
jack-client                       |     JACK-Client
jaraco-classes                    |     jaraco.classes
jaraco-collections                |     jaraco.collections
jaraco-context                    |     jaraco.context
jaraco-envs                       |     jaraco.envs
jaraco-functools                  |     jaraco.functools
jaraco-itertools                  |     jaraco.itertools
jaraco-logging                    |     jaraco.logging
jaraco-path                       |     jaraco.path
jaraco-stream                     |     jaraco.stream
jaraco-test                       |     jaraco.test
jaraco-text                       |     jaraco.text
jinja                             |     Jinja2
js2py                             |     Js2Py
jschema_to_python                 |     jschema-to-python
jupyter_client                    |     jupyter-client
jupyter_console                   |     jupyter-console
jupyter_core                      |     jupyter-core
jupyter_events                    |     jupyter-events
jupyter_kernel_test               |     jupyter-kernel-test
jupyterlab_pygments               |     jupyterlab-pygments
jupyterlab_server                 |     jupyterlab-server
jupyter_packaging                 |     jupyter-packaging
jupyter_server_mathjax            |     jupyter-server-mathjax
jupyter_server                    |     jupyter-server
keyrings-alt                      |     keyrings.alt
keystoneauth                      |     keystoneauth1
libcloud                          |     apache-libcloud
libpillowfight                    |     pypillowfight
libsass-python                    |     libsass
line_profiler                     |     line-profiler
logbook                           |     Logbook
m2crypto                          |     M2Crypto
mako                              |     Mako
mapbox_earcut                     |     mapbox-earcut
markdown                          |     Markdown
markupsafe                        |     MarkupSafe
markups                           |     Markups
mdx_gh_links                      |     mdx-gh-links
memory_profiler                   |     memory-profiler
mergedict                         |     configclass
minikanren                        |     miniKanren
minimock                          |     MiniMock
mkdocs_pymdownx_material_extra    |     mkdocs-pymdownx-material-extra
mypy_extensions                   |     mypy-extensions
myst_parser                       |     myst-parser
nest_asyncio                      |     nest-asyncio
netcdf4-python                    |     netCDF4
notebook_shim                     |     notebook-shim
octave_kernel                     |     octave-kernel
oslo-concurrency                  |     oslo.concurrency
oslo-config                       |     oslo.config
oslo-context                      |     oslo.context
oslo-i18n                         |     oslo.i18n
oslo-log                          |     oslo.log
oslo-serialization                |     oslo.serialization
oslo-utils                        |     oslo.utils
owslib                            |     OWSLib
pallets-sphinx-themes             |     Pallets-Sphinx-Themes
parse_type                        |     parse-type
pastedeploy                       |     PasteDeploy
paste                             |     Paste
pebble                            |     Pebble
pillow                            |     Pillow
pkgcraft-python                   |     pkgcraft
pmw                               |     Pmw
podman-py                         |     podman
pretty-yaml                       |     pyaml
prometheus_client                 |     prometheus-client
prompt_toolkit                    |     prompt-toolkit
protobuf-python                   |     protobuf
pure_eval                         |     pure-eval
pushbullet-py                     |     pushbullet.py
py-amqp                           |     amqp
pyaudio                           |     PyAudio
pychromecast                      |     PyChromecast
pycson                            |     cson
pygments-github-lexers            |     pygments-github-lexers
pygments                          |     Pygments
pygobject                         |     PyGObject
pygresql                          |     PyGreSQL
pyhamcrest                        |     PyHamcrest
pyicu                             |     PyICU
pyjwt                             |     PyJWT
pykerberos                        |     kerberos
pylatex                           |     PyLaTeX
pymysql                           |     PyMySQL
pynacl                            |     PyNaCl
pyopengl_accelerate               |     PyOpenGL-accelerate
pyopengl                          |     PyOpenGL
pyopenssl                         |     pyOpenSSL
pyproject-hooks                   |     pyproject_hooks
pyre2                             |     fb-re2
pyrfc3339                         |     pyRFC3339
pyside2                           |     PySide2
pyside6                           |     PySide6
pysol_cards                       |     pysol-cards
pysvg                             |     pysvg-py3
pytables                          |     tables
pytest-codeblocks                 |     pytest_codeblocks
pytest_jupyter                    |     pytest-jupyter
pytest-param-files                |     pytest_param_files
python-cstruct                    |     cstruct
python-ctags                      |     python-ctags3
pythondialog                      |     python2-pythondialog
python-discid                     |     discid
python-email-validator            |     email-validator
python-evdev                      |     evdev
python-keyutils                   |     keyutils
python-lhafile                    |     lhafile
python-libevdev                   |     libevdev
python-miniupnpc                  |     miniupnpc
python-mpd                        |     python-mpd2
python-musicbrainzngs             |     musicbrainzngs
python-nbxmpp                     |     nbxmpp
python-netlink                    |     NetLink
python-ptrace                     |     pefile
python-recurring-ical-events      |     recurring-ical-events
python-sense-hat                  |     sense-hat
python-sshpubkeys                 |     sshpubkeys
python-varlink                    |     varlink
python-xmlsec                     |     xmlsec
python-zeroconf                   |     zeroconf
python-zstandard                  |     zstandard
pytrie                            |     PyTrie
pytz_deprecation_shim             |     pytz-deprecation-shim
pyvirtualdisplay                  |     PyVirtualDisplay
pywavelets                        |     PyWavelets
pyx                               |     PyX
pyyaml                            |     PyYAML
qdarkstyle                        |     QDarkStyle
qscintilla-python                 |     QScintilla
qtawesome                         |     QtAwesome
rapidfuzz_capi                    |     rapidfuzz-capi
readme_renderer                   |     readme-renderer
redis-py                          |     redis
reedsolomon                       |     reedsolo
repoze-lru                        |     repoze.lru
requests-ntlm                     |     requests_ntlm
routes                            |     Routes
rpy                               |     rpy2
rst-linker                        |     rst.linker
rtimulib                          |     RTIMULib
ruamel-std-pathlib                |     ruamel.std.pathlib
ruamel-yaml-clib                  |     ruamel.yaml.clib
ruamel-yaml                       |     ruamel.yaml
sarif_om                          |     sarif-om
secretstorage                     |     SecretStorage
semantic_version                  |     semantic-version
send2trash                        |     Send2Trash
service_identity                  |     service-identity
setuptools_scm_git_archive        |     setuptools-scm-git-archive
setuptools_scm                    |     setuptools-scm
signature_dispatch                |     signature-dispatch
snappy                            |     python-snappy
socketio-client-nexus             |     socketIO-client-nexus
sphinx-aiohttp-theme              |     aiohttp-theme
sphinx_ansible_theme              |     sphinx-ansible-theme
sphinxcontrib-github-alt          |     sphinxcontrib_github_alt
sphinxcontrib-log_cabinet         |     sphinxcontrib-log-cabinet
sphinx_lv2_theme                  |     sphinx-lv2-theme
sphinx                            |     Sphinx
sphinx-py3doc-enhanced-theme      |     sphinx_py3doc_enhanced_theme
sphinx-pytest                     |     sphinx_pytest
sphinx_rtd_theme                  |     sphinx-rtd-theme
sphinx_selective_exclude          |     sphinx-selective-exclude
sqlalchemy                        |     SQLAlchemy
stack_data                        |     stack-data
stomp-py                          |     stomp.py
subunit                           |     python-subunit
svg-path                          |     svg.path
swagger_spec_validator            |     swagger-spec-validator
tappy                             |     tap.py
tlsh                              |     python-tlsh
tubes                             |     Tubes
twisted                           |     Twisted
unidecode                         |     Unidecode
uri_template                      |     uri-template
urwid_readline                    |     urwid-readline
utidylib                          |     uTidylib
wand                              |     Wand
webob                             |     WebOb
webtest                           |     WebTest
werkzeug                          |     Werkzeug
whoosh                            |     Whoosh
wsgiproxy2                        |     WSGIProxy2
wtforms                           |     WTForms
wxpython                          |     wxPython
xlsxwriter                        |     XlsxWriter
yapsy                             |     Yapsy
zc-lockfile                       |     zc.lockfile
zconfig                           |     ZConfig
zope-component                    |     zope.component
zope-configuration                |     zope.configuration
zope-deprecation                  |     zope.deprecation
zope-event                        |     zope.event
zope-exceptions                   |     zope.exceptions
zope-hookable                     |     zope.hookable
zope-i18nmessageid                |     zope.i18nmessageid
zope-interface                    |     zope.interface
zope-schema                       |     zope.schema
zope-testing                      |     zope.testing

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny