Andrew Ammerlaan wrote:

> And then another thing, how is it possible that so many people missed
> the news item? They are displayed quite prominently I think, and
> emerge will keep buggering you about it until it is marked as read.
> Just wondering if there is something that can be improved here.
>
> Best regards,
> Andrew

I'm pretty good at reading the news items.  I seem to recall that you
see one only if it affects you, you have a package installed or
something.  So, if it shows up, it is best to take notice.  That said, I
don't recall seeing the news item either.  I can't imagine me missing it
but I also can't imagine me not taking action either. After all, (eu)dev
is a important package.

One thing is for sure, the name is rather obvious.  The first word in
the title is eudev.  I have yet to figure out how I missed it.  Given
the number of people who did, could there have been a glitch and it
didn't show for some weird reason?  Has someone who understands the code
checked to see if there was some typo that made it not show for most
users?

I do think this is worth looking into.  It just seems odd.

Dale

:-)  :-)