> +++
> b/2024-01-02-separate-usr-now-requires-an-initramfs/2024-01-02-separate-usr-now-requires-an-initramfs.txt

The short-name is rather long. GLEP 42 strongly recommends to stay below
20 characters:
https://www.gentoo.org/glep/glep-0042.html#news-item-identities

> +Title: Separate /usr now requires an initramfs
> +Author: Eli Schwartz <eschwart...@gmail.com>
> +Revision: 1
> +News-Item-Format: 2.0
> +Display-If-Installed: sys-apps/baselayout[split-usr]

This is not a valid header. (Format 2.0 doesn't have Content-Type.)

The 2013-09-27-initramfs-required news item already said:

| Linux systems which have / and /usr on separate file systems but do not
| use an initramfs will not be supported starting on 01-Nov-2013.
|
| If you have / and /usr on separate file systems and you are not
| currently using an initramfs, you must set one up before this date.
| Otherwise, at some point on or after this date, upgrading packages
| will make your system unbootable.

It is also in the Handbook since 2014:
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/Kernel#Optional:_Building_an_initramfs

What has changed that we would need another news item?

Ulrich