I agree, but such documentation doesn't belong in an ebuild repository,
but should be in a dedicated location like the Devmanual or the wiki.

From our workflow and policy standpoint - yes; but to conform how it is mostly done in git forges like github/gitlab/codeberg etc this is also documented in LICENSE or COPYRIGHT file. (Offotopic: though I use a dedicated dir called "Copyright" to put all legal info there for my own priovate repos.)

W dniu 1.05.2024 o 17:52, Ulrich Mueller pisze:
On Wed, 01 May 2024, Maciej Barć wrote:

Also no license link. Afaik all contribs are under GPL-2.

That's not entirely correct. The files in the licenses/ directory
aren't, and patches in packages' files/ dirs generally follow the
license of their upstream project.

See, so it would help to have a doc that talks about the
irregularities.

I agree, but such documentation doesn't belong in an ebuild repository,
but should be in a dedicated location like the Devmanual or the wiki.

Ulrich

--
Have a great day!

~ Maciej XGQT Barć

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Xgqt
9B0A 4C5D 02A3 B43C 9D6F D6B1 14D7 4A1F 43A6 AC3C