When attempting to use gnap_overlay to write to disk I get the following
output:

# gnap_overlay -c overlays/project/etc/overlay.conf -d /dev/hdc1 -r hda1 -o
overlays/project/ -n -m -s 9600

GNAP overlay tool gnap_overlay 1.8
 * Checking parameters...
[ ok ]
 * Warning : you have selected disk install
 * Make sure you are root or have full access to /dev/hdc1
 * /dev/hdc must have an MBR installed, run:
 * dd if=/usr/lib/gnap/mbr/mbr.bin of=/dev/hdc bs=512 count=1 if needed
 * /dev/hdc1 must contain an active partition:
 *  use fdisk /dev/hdc if needed
 * Current data on /dev/hdc1 will be destroyed !
 * Are your sure you want to continue [N]: Y
 * Expanding /usr/lib/gnap/gnap-core.tar core...
[ ok ]
 * Preparing overlay...
[ ok ]
 * Adding baudrate for serial console...
[ ok ]
 * Adding overlays/backpacket/ (directory overlay)...
[ ok ]
 * Adding overlays/backpacket/etc/overlay.conf (overlay.conf file)...
[ ok ]
 * Creating overlay tarball...
[ ok ]
 * Formatting /dev/hdc1...
[ !! ]
 * Cleaning temporary directories...
[ ok ]
Overlay failed, try gnap_overlay -h for more help
 

I had GNAP running on 1.7.1 (syslinux 2.13) but can't seem to get it running
now with 1.8.  The box that I'm using to build on has been reloaded in the
past few days.  Perhaps I am missing something in the kernel
(2.6.12-gentoo-r9)?  The target disk (SanDisk Compact Flash 256MB) has been
re-partitioned with a single, bootable partition.  The gnap MBR has been
copied using dd.  And then gnap_overlay as shown above.  Can't seem to
figure this out.  Thierry?  Anyone?


Ross Carlson
Corvus Technologies

 
 


-- 
[email protected] mailing list

Reply via email to