Ross Carlson wrote:

>  * Creating overlay tarball...
> [ ok ]
>  * Formatting /dev/hdc1...
> [ !! ]
> 
> I had GNAP running on 1.7.1 (syslinux 2.13) but can't seem to get it running
> now with 1.8.  The box that I'm using to build on has been reloaded in the
> past few days.  Perhaps I am missing something in the kernel
> (2.6.12-gentoo-r9)?  The target disk (SanDisk Compact Flash 256MB) has been
> re-partitioned with a single, bootable partition.  The gnap MBR has been
> copied using dd.  And then gnap_overlay as shown above.  Can't seem to
> figure this out.  Thierry?  Anyone?

Here is the code snippet that gnap_overlay runs on the "Formatting..."
part :

        gbegin "Formatting ${OUTPUT}"
        mkfs.msdos "${OUTPUT}" > /dev/null 2>&1
        gtest $?

The [ !! ] is written by gtest if an error code is set by the previous
command. So it's the mkfs.msdos that failed. I suppressed the output
(might not be a good idea) so you obviously miss the message. Try
"mkfs.msdos /dev/hdc1" directly and see what happens.

My wild guess : a required msdos/fat/vfat module is missing in your
brand-new kernel.

-- 
Koon
-- 
[email protected] mailing list

Reply via email to