Hello,

For days I have been trying to emerge anything for my ARM-based board. I've searched through this mailing group archives, wikis and all the other sites I could find and I must say that there is a bit little information available (or at least I can't find it).

I've succesfully installed the ARM toolchain using crossdev (crossdev -t arm). Then I've downloaded and unpacked the ARM Gentoo-embedded stage3 tarball to /opt/arm-gentoo-uclibc-linux/stage3 and now I would like to emerge something (e.g. bash) to this directory. Thus I run:

Linuch stage3 # ROOT="/opt/arm-gentoo-uclibc-linux/stage3" CHOST="arm-unknown-linux-gnu" emerge -av bash

These are the packages that I would merge, in order:

Calculating dependencies  ...done!
[ebuild U ] app-shells/bash-3.0-r12 [3.0-r11] to /opt/arm-gentoo-uclibc-linux/stage3/ -bashlogger -build +nls 0 kB

Looks OK, but after unpacking the sources:
>>> Source unpacked.
* econf: updating bash-3.0/support/config.guess with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.guess * econf: updating bash-3.0/support/config.sub with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.sub ./configure --prefix=/usr --host=arm-unknown-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --libdir=/usr/lib64 --build=arm-unknown-linux-gnu --disable-profiling --without-gnu-malloc --with-ncurses
checking build system type... arm-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... arm-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for emacs... no
checking for xemacs... no

Beginning configuration for bash-3.0-release for arm-unknown-linux-gnu

checking for arm-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc... arm-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

I get similar results on different packages. I'm stuck and need help. What do I do wrong?

Best wishes,
Stanislaw
--
[email protected] mailing list

Reply via email to