Mike Frysinger wrote:

you should look at config.log like the error message is telling you to
-mike

Thanks, Mike

My config.log says:

configure:2391: checking for C compiler default output
configure:2394: arm-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc -O2 -march=k8 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -ffast-math conftest.c >&5
Assembler messages:
Error: unknown architecture `k8'
Error: unrecognized option -march=k8
conftest.c:1: error: bad value (k8) for -march= switch

The -march=k8 switch comes from my global Gentoo CFLAGS, since I am using that architecture. However, when I run the emerge like this:

CFLAGS="-O2" ROOT=/opt/arm-gentoo-uclibc-linux/stage3/ CHOST=arm-unknown-linux-gnu emerge -av bash,

there is no error with -march=k8 switch, but I get an error right after:

configure:2391: checking for C compiler default output
configure:2394: arm-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc -O2   conftest.c  >&5
configure:2397: $? = 0
configure:2443: result: a.out
configure:2448: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:2454: ./a.out
./configure: line 2455: ./a.out: cannot execute binary file
configure:2457: $? = 126
configure:2466: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.

I've got a feeling that I make a cardinal error elsewhere.
Any thoughts?

Best wishes,
Stanislaw
--
[email protected] mailing list

Reply via email to