I am trying to upgrade to python 2.3.5-r2 but I get this error:

i386-gentoo-linux-uclibc-gcc -pthread -DNDEBUG -march=i386 -Os -pipe
-fomit-frame-pointer -fPIC -fno-strict-aliasing -DHAVE_GDBM_NDBM_H -I.
-I/var/tmp/portage/python-2.3.5-r2/work/Python-2.3.5/./Include
-I/var/tmp/portage/python-2.3.5-r2/work/Python-2.3.5/Include
-I/var/tmp/portage/python-2.3.5-r2/work/Python-2.3.5 -c
/var/tmp/portage/python-2.3.5-r2/work/Python-2.3.5/Modules/dbmmodule.c
-o build/temp.linux-i686-2.3/dbmmodule.o
i386-gentoo-linux-uclibc-gcc -pthread -shared
build/temp.linux-i686-2.3/dbmmodule.o -L/usr/local/lib -lgdbm -o
build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/dbm.so
./python: can't resolve symbol 'dbm_firstkey'
make: *** [sharedmods] Error 1

I dont have gdbm in the useflags.

I tried to reemerge gdbm, same thing happens.

I tried to enable gdbm in the useflags but same thing happens.

So I tried to re-emerge the current python with emerge
=dev-lang/python-2.3.5 but the same thing happens.

So I suspect that my build environment is broken somwhere somehow.

Maybe I used to have gdbm in the useflags but it have been removed?

Anyone experienced the same thing?
Shouldn't there be a -L/usr/lib instead of -L/usr/local/lib?
Does anyone have a suggestion how to bypass?

-- Natanael Copa

-- 
[email protected] mailing list

Reply via email to