Peter S. Mazinger wrote:

>On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, Natanael Copa wrote:
>
>  
>
>>I upgraded to gcc-3.3.6 today and when recompiling the drivers (kernel
>>modules in the portage tree) I got some warnings and the modules fails
>>to load:
>>    
>>
>>WARNING: //lib/modules/2.6.11-hardened-r15/fs/fuse.ko needs unknown
>>symbol __sta ck_smash_handler
>>    
>>
...

>>So I guess there is something wrong with my gcc upgrade. I guess I need
>>to do a  proper toolchain upgrade?
>>    
>>
>
>no, your module build process (Makefiles) does not add -D__KERNEL__ to the 
>build, so ssp will be enabled on the built modules (not supported by any 
>gentoo kernel).
>Nothing in the kernel and module build process is allowed to enable 
>-fstack-protector (either by CFLAGS or any other method)
>Rebuild one of the above modules and paste your compiler line.
>  
>

I worked around it by selecting the nossp gcc profile, compiled all the
modules and switched back to the standard hardened gcc profile. Now I
cannot reproduce it.

Could it have been a bug in portage that have been fixed? (I did a
emerge -ssync today to get that gdbm update)

Thanks!

--
Natanael Copa

-- 
[email protected] mailing list

Reply via email to