I have put together a PC/104 system that I intend to run gentoo on and I am starting to work on putting together the OS. I'm just not entirely certain on the best way to boot it.
The CPU module has a 2M flash chip that currently boots DOS. I also have a PCMCIA PC/104 module that has a bios for booting off cards and a 24M flash card from an old Cisco Catalyst switch. Does anyone know if the Cisco Flash card can be used to boot a linux OS or should I abandon that and look for something like a PCMCIA hard drive? I am attempting to keep everything solid state. I have a gentoo laptop which I am using to try and format the Cisco flash card using the pcmciamtd driver. It seems to recognize the card but mke2fs just hangs on it. Any pointers are appreciated. Thanks. Regards -- [email protected] mailing list
