2005/9/19, Peter S. Mazinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> XFCE runs fine for me, GPE would also be an alternative (bugs.g.o has a
> tarball w/ ebuilds), although it also relies on glib2. Currently I am
> testing a better iconv() replacement/patch for glib2 that could solve the
> glib2 dillemma, but someone will have to apply it to the tree (or we
> create virtual/glib2 or glib2-uclibc (w/ PROVIDE: glib2)
Is your XFCE running on top of the µclibc 0.9.27 available from
Portage or your own µclibc fork?

2005/9/16, Christian Nygaard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>  I'm trying to build a similar system to yours for a thinclient based on
> uclibc but
>  I'm stuck at building Xorg, what Xserver did you choose for your project?
>  Have you made any internal documentations or scripts describing building?
For your information, here is what X server I use:
# emerge -pv xorg-x11

These are the packages that I would merge, in order:

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] x11-base/xorg-x11-6.8.2-r6  +3dfx +3dnow -bitmap-fonts
+cjk -debug +dlloader -dmx -doc -font-server -insecure-drivers -ipv6
+minimal +mmx (-nls) -nocxx +opengl (-pam) -sdk +sse -static
+truetype-fonts -type1-fonts -xprint +xv 0 kB [1]

Total size of downloads: 0 kB
Portage overlays:
 [1] /usr/local/portage

The r6 ebuild is the r5 from Portage with the patch from bug #103022 applied.
As simple as this!

-- 
[email protected] mailing list

Reply via email to