I got a report from someone who experienced lockups when using
gentoo-embedded built system (2.6.14-hardened-r1)

He managed to reproduce it on 2 different computers by doing this:

install openssh

get an ip address using dhcpcd

# create a network stream
ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED] "dd if=/dev/urandom" > /dev/null

wait a while
read something from cdrom.

Now the box locks up:

> Box locked up - no kernel panic, no messages, keyboard's locked up -
> no more activity on the net interface lights.

When he uses dropbear & udhcpcd it works?

> Looks like it may be openssh or dhcpcd related. ?!
> dropbear & udhcoc doing the same thing has been running for more than
> an hour, no problems.

I have not been able to reproduce it.

I wonder if anyone here have experienced something similar?

Only lockups I have experienced have been lockups after some time of no
activity at all. Booting with "noacpi" fixes that. (but i still dont
know why it happens)

The kernel config used are here:
http://tanael.org/Config-2.6.14-hardened-r1


-- 
Natanael Copa

-- 
[email protected] mailing list

Reply via email to