I think that we can have some problems with 3.4.4-r1
all python modules like pygresql, psycopg et all won't work, with uclibc-0.9.27-r1, 0.9.28
when we'd with gcc-3.4.3-20050110 it worked well
python -m pgdb -i returns
python: cannot resolve 'error_message'
Perhaps is the size optimization that is doing something nasty to some binaries?
HEEEEELP!
Cheers
Douglas Campos
On 1/9/06, Peter S. Mazinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Saturday 07 January 2006 02:30, Natanael Copa wrote:
> > On lør, 2006-01-07 at 00:44 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > > On Wednesday 04 January 2006 03:52, Natanael Copa wrote:
> > > > I got a report from someone who experienced lockups when using
> > > > gentoo-embedded built system (2.6.14-hardened-r1)
> > >
> > > this is a hardened kernel issue rather than a userland issue ... you'd be
> > > better off e-mailing the gentoo-hardened list
> >
> > Probably, but I think I found the reason. Whenever I build the kernel
> > with "optimize for size" it hangs after an hour with intense net load
> > and io load (I made a loop that dd if=/dev/cdrom)
> >
> > When I disabled "Configure standard kernel features (for small
> > systems)" (gcc -Os) the problem magically went away.
>
> the kernel can be pretty sensitive to optimizations
if kernel is built w/ gcc-3.4.4 and -Os (at least I had that for 2.4.x
kernels) it "optimizes away" memcmp and the kernels have gotten a patch
to overcome this, the same problem does not occur w/ gcc-3.3.x .
> > So I think its a bug in gcc version 3.4.4 (Gentoo Hardened 3.4.4-r1,
> > ssp-3.4.4-1.0, pie-8.7.8)
> >
> > Makes me nervous because I have built everything with -Os.
I have built everything w/ -Os and do not have trouble w/ it
Peter
--
Peter S. Mazinger <ps dot m at gmx dot net> ID: 0xA5F059F2
Key fingerprint = 92A4 31E1 56BC 3D5A 2D08 BB6E C389 975E A5F0 59F2
--
[email protected] mailing list
