It hangs on: * Doing a scanelf in paths for bins containing the __uClibc_start_main symbol
I have tried scanelf separately and it is definitely what is causing the ebuild to hang. It does not hang on my glibc system, only in my chroot uclibc environment. I have tried both versions of pax-utils that are in portage and there is no change. I even have tried a completely fresh stage3 install of the chroot environment and I still have the same problem. Thanks! Scott =) emerge info: Portage 2.0.54-r2 (uclibc/x86/2005.1, gcc-3.3.5-20050130, uclibc-0.9.27-r0, 2.6.15.1 i686) ================================================================= System uname: 2.6.15.1 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ Gentoo Base System version 1.6.14 dev-lang/python: 2.3.4-r1, 2.4.2 dev-python/pycrypto: [Not Present] dev-util/ccache: [Not Present] dev-util/confcache: [Not Present] sys-apps/sandbox: 1.2.17 sys-devel/autoconf: 2.13, 2.59-r7 sys-devel/automake: 1.4_p6, 1.5, 1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r1 sys-devel/binutils: 2.16.1 sys-devel/libtool: 1.5.14 virtual/os-headers: 2.6.11-r2 ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86" AUTOCLEAN="yes" CBUILD="i586-gentoo-linux-uclibc" CFLAGS="-march=i586 -O3 -pipe" CHOST="i586-gentoo-linux-uclibc" CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/2/share/config /usr/kde/3.4/env /usr/kde/3.4/share/config /usr/kde/3.4/shutdown /usr/kde/3/share/config /usr/lib/X11/xkb /usr/lib64/mozilla/defaults/pref /usr/share/config /var/qmail/control" CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/eselect/compiler /etc/gconf /etc/terminfo /etc/env.d" CXXFLAGS="-Os" DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles" FEATURES="autoconfig buildpkg ccache distlocks nodoc noinfo noman sfperms strict" GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo" PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages" PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp" PORTDIR="/usr/portage" PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/scripts/portage" SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage" USE="x86 berkdb bitmap-fonts bzip2 cli dri expat mmx ncurses pcre perl python readline reflection session spl truetype-fonts type1-fonts uclibc udev xorg zlib userland_GNU kernel_linux elibc_uclibc" Unset: ASFLAGS, CTARGET, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LC_ALL, LDFLAGS, LINGUAS, MAKEOPTS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS -- Electrical Engineering/Web Development Dragonfly Technologies, Inc. http://www.dflytech.com Hunt Utilities Group LLC http://www.hugllc.com Hopkins, MN (952) 935-2418 -- [email protected] mailing list
