On 3/11/2005 13:45:16, Brian Harring ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Offhand, why isn't this a bashrc trick?

I took a cue from solar's autopatch bashrc stuff, and wrote the attached.
Sources whatever it finds in a sort of shell-file overlay that matches the
package being built and optionally the current ebuild phase, so you create
a sort of per-package (and per-phase) additional bashrc.

One thing it can't do is affect the environment for the fetch phase (where
bashrc is not sourced).  Unfortunately, this is what I originally wrote it
for; I wanted to have a specific value of LINGUAS for a the Acrobat reader
package (see bug #97401).

I'd guess that a package.env supported from portage itself wouldn't have
this restriction.

Kev.