On Monday 23 January 2006 12:46, Marius Mauch spammed:

> > That is _exactly_ how it is intended to work.  "Normal" users will
> > get A-1.1 when they run emerge -u.  Users with a need for stability
> > will only see A-1.0-s1, and only if it is available for A-1.0.
>
> And for that you have to hack the resolver so it only sees your -sX
> updates.

Um, nope.

+                               if myaction=="glsa-only":
+                                       pkglist = mydepgraph.altlistglsa()

Leads to:

+       def altlistglsa(self):
+               retlist=[]
+               for y in self.altlist():
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+                       psplit=portage.pkgsplit(y[2])
+                       myrev=psplit[-1]
+                       myrevtype=myrev[0]
+                       if myrevtype=="s":
+                               retlist.append(y)
+               return retlist
+

No touching the resolver, only filter output.  The filter code is not
complete yet - I still need to compare current version -vs- new version.

The only other place I am touching anything is pkgsplit in portage.py:

-       if len(myrev) and myrev[0]=="r":
+       if len(myrev) and myrev[0] in ["r","s"]: