On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 02:54:36AM -0700, Zac Medico wrote:
> Brian Harring wrote:
> >> Okay, so the only difference from package.use format is that whitespace is
> >> replaced by square brackets and commas?
> >
> > Yep- bracket/comma usage allows the atom and use reqs to bundled as
> > one token.
>
> Isn't there more of a difference than just in the parsing?

Not for what I'm suggesting- I'm suggesting just using use dep syntax
for package.use.mask.

You've already got the code for the masking in your patch now, all you
have to do is just change the parsing a bit.

> It
> seems to me that we'd also have to implement use-dep matching in
> order to correctly support use-dep syntax.

If you were actually supporting use deps, yes.  You're not
however- package.use.mask is just a kludge in the (hopefully short)
interim.

I'm suggesting that you think a bit forward- use use-dep syntax for it
now rather then having to change it down the line.
~harring