Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
> Hi.
> In my overlay, I can have packages assigned to a private category, and
> have that category specified in profiles/categories, under the overlay
> itself.
> However, in-order to ebuild such a package I have to append the category
> to /etc/portage/categories, else I get an error message:
>
> !!! 'priv-cat/mypkg' has a category that is not listed in
> /etc/portage/categories
>
> Is that intended?

No, but if works for me here (in profiles/categories, under the
overlay itself). So, I wonder what's different about your system.
Are you sure that you spelled the category correctly?

You can get a list of valid categories like this:

  python -c 'import portage; print portage.settings.categories'

Does your category show in that list?

--
Thanks,
Zac