On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 01:26:24PM +0100, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
> On 12/11/15 22:21, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> > Thanks, merged.
> Sorry, what? You're not in the Portage team. The last time you
> committed directly was in 2007; I can't speak for that period of time,
> but today only team members commit to Portage (which is how it works
> for essentially any other software development project, ever).
>
> I'm baffled you even have commit access. Does everyone in Gentoo just
> have commit access to Portage or something?
Infra can pretty much commit to anywhere; but refrain from doing so
without somebody else reviewing our changes and stating that they are
good. zmedico did review it, and since it wasn't committed yet after
that, I committed it, on the assumption that he wasn't going to at the
time.

Separately however, from the old days of Portage (SVN and CVS), I was in
the old cvsportage and svnportage groups, and permitted to make changes.
I know that the Git ACLs came from those, and did explicitly include me
at one point, but got cleaned up since infra's permissions are mostly
implicit and I didn't need extra explicit bits on my user.

Please ping me on IRC so we can clean up the remaining historical Git
ACLs; I count 5 people not on the wiki page with explicit bits to commit
to Portage.git.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux: Developer, Infrastructure Lead, Foundation Trustee