W dniu wto, 16.01.2018 o godzinie 23∶32 -0500, użytkownik Mike Gilbert
napisał:
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 4:46 PM, Mike Frysinger <vap...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > From: Mike Frysinger <vap...@chromium.org>
> >
> > Some ebuilds are a bit hard to fix their use of the network in src
> > phases, so allow them to disable things.  This allows us to turn off
> > access by default and for the vast majority while we work out how to
> > fix the few broken packages.
>
> If we are going to allow network sandboxing to be disabled in
> individual ebuilds, we should also allow the other sandboxes to be
> disabled for the same reasons. sys-apps/sandbox has been notoriously
> buggy, for example.
>
> Also, valid RESTRICT values are specified in PMS, so this really
> belongs in an a new EAPI.

As long as this isn't used in ::gentoo, I don't mind. However, for
completeness I should point out that:

a. you should be addressing the root issue and not bashing with big
'sandbox' hammer whenever something fails -- i.e. if the problem is due
to LD_PRELOAD being used (which is frequently the case), then
the solution is to wipe LD_PRELOAD,

b. you should be addressing it in as narrow scope as possible -- i.e. it
is usually enough to disable sandbox for the execution of a single
command rather than the whole ebuild.

That said, app-portage/unsandbox is much cleaner solution here.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny