Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Peter Weber wrote:
>>> Anyone gave this any thought?  There are still a LOT of dial-up users
>>> out here.  People seem to forget that, especially the website with all
>>> the huge pages.  My Space comes to mind on that.
>>>

>> Even users with high-speed connections want to stay independent and
>> free, relying on a network-connection is unsafe.
>>
>> I want my backup of my OS in my hand and not on a web-server.
>> But I also prefer web-installation because I got immediately up-to-date
>> files.
>>

> Dale, that's true and we worry about that. However, there's so much we
> can do about it.

I just didn't want the team to forget us.  Dial-up is my only option at
this time, except DirecTv which is to expensive.  DSL is coming, I
think.  I said this somewhere before, I would hate to know I lost
everything and had to start over from a 2007 CD.  It's not the little
kinks in the upgrade that would bother me, it would be the download time.

I don't currently have a DVD drive but plan to get one soon.  I'm not
sure what is on there but it would be nice if there were a LOT of
distfiles stored on there since they have a lot of room on them.  A
regular update would be nice too.  Twice a year, around February and
again in July or August would be nice.  I mention that in case there is
a gcc upgrade or some other huge fix.  Even the *.1 version being the
second version would be cool.

These are just thoughts.

Dale