Markus Hauschild wrote:
On Feb 4, 2008 10:47 PM, Peter Weber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The LiveDVD includes stages and a snapshot.
Interesting and good, but the LiveDVD is, let us say the truth -
overkill.

A other good solution would be merging Universal and Minimal-CD
togehter, so we offer only a smaller Universal-CD (about 200-400 MB) and
a complete LiveCD (about 700 MB).

I'd love a minimal + stage3 + portage-snapshot + stuff you really need
(kernel sources, grub, maybe a syslogger)
But I guess I'd have to make that one myself then (and then its not
worth the effort)

That doesn't even make sense. A universal CD is nothing but a minimal plus some stuff. You can't merge them together, unless you're talking about getting rid of the minimal all together, and then that's even dumber.

--
Andrew Gaffney                                 http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
Gentoo Linux Developer             Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator