On Sat, 2003-03-08 at 06:37, richard terry wrote:
> I've not received any replies on where to find the log file for the compile.
> The emerge.log simply noted the failure. I downloaded another copy of the
> kdeaddons from another mirror and it crashed at the same place. I couldn't
> copy the file anywhere, but it said something I think on line 117. Also I
> noticed, just before these messages that it said something about lib ogg
> vorbis having been moved, however it all scrolled off the top of the screen
> too quickly to catch.
>
> Does this help?

What is wanted is the last few lines of the output *before* the compile
failed, *and* all the lines of errors as it died. Generally, you'll get
one error, and a short cascade of additional errors as the compile dies.
If the compile generated a warning, but continued it'll probably have no
impact.

As for re-downloading from another mirror, that's a waste of effort, as
portage checks the MD5 sum of the downloaded file before it unpacks it.
So you can be sure you've got the correct file.

Damn, I sound mean. Sorry, rather irritated after 9 hours at work alone,
with 3 more to go, and tired :(

--
Mike Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

p.s. Richard Terry? (radiac?)