Unrelated to you nvidia problem. I just wanted ot comment that I have not had
good luck with the Win4Lin kernel for Gentoo. mostly relating to the fact
there is no lowlatency or preemption in it.
I have better luck emerging the vanilla kernels, then apply first the Low
Latency patch, then preemption, the Win4Lin kernel patch, then mki-adapter.
The resuting kernel builds and runs well, and there is a VERY Noticeable
performance improvement. (My PII 300 TP was unnacptable running KDE with the
win4lin kernel from gentoo, my custom built vanilly source kernel make it
usable again.)

Mike

On Sunday March 16 2003 9:14 am, richard terry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think I've succeeded in building the win4lin Kernel (I use win4lin in
> Mandrake and have a licence, so I wanted to try it in Gentoo).
>
> However when I boot, the nvidia drivers, which I installed as per
> instructions on the gentoo web site and which work with the gentoo kernel,
> can't be found.
>
> I  noticed a comment that one had to recompile these is one re-compiles the
> kernel, and I did, but though the emerge nvidia-glx seemed to work ok, I
> got compile errors with the emerge nvidia-kernel.
>
> Don't have the error messages here, but I can do it again if they are
> needed.
>
> Any generic advice?
>
> Thanks in anticipation.
>
> Richard