Hello,

Recently, I migrated from kernel emu10k1 sound (and portage emu10k1)
sound to ALSA sound for my turtle beach santa cruz but when I now run
quake3 there is no sound.  The following messages appear in the console.

------- sound initialization -------
Could not mmap dma buffer PROT_WRITE|PROT_READ
trying mmap PROT_WRITE (with associated better compatibility / less
performance

code)
/dev/dsp: Input/output error
Could not mmap /dev/dsp
Sound memory manager started
VM file ui compiled to 594408 bytes of code
ui loaded in 1963008 bytes on the hunk
35 arenas parsed
32 bots parsed

Other applications have sound.  I have even tried removing ~/.q3a.  Any
help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.