On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 03:05:39PM +0200, Arne Halenza wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> maybe your DMA mode is not activated? You can check and activate it
> using the "hdparm" command (check the man-page about the command, I
> don't know the details at the moment). I had a similar problem in the
> past. The chipset I used was supported, but not in DMA mode. So I had
> the slowest PIO mode.

No, I already enabled DMA Mode. I just found out that dmesg tells me
that an ICH4 chipset was detected but the driver was not compiled in,
so I guess that could be the reason. Do you know, where in the kernel
config I can enable the ICH4 Support?

Greetings
Michael

--
The man scarce lives who is not more credulous than he ought to be.... The
natural disposition is always to believe.  It is acquired wisdom and experience