Jorge Almeida wrote:
> Maybe the help problem lies in some fault with the ebuild (I don't
> have the skills to check this kind of thing). Perhaps someone who
> have it installed in a PC will reply.  As to the rest, can you tell
> me what sound server do you use? aRts? I wouldn't be surprised if I'm
> doing something wrong regarding the global sound setup, it's not easy
> to get information about such things.
> Regards,
>  -- Jorge Almeida

I'd be surprised if it was the ebuild, although it is possible.  My Mac
version is Gentoo on a powerbook, and I really don't remember what the sound
driver is, but it "just worked"TM.  This was done from the PPC ebuild, so it
should be the same code and almost the same ebuild.  The PC version was done
on a SuSE automatic install, so again I don't know what the sound was, but I
believe it is an old SoundBlaster.

In Harmony's Way, and In A Chord,

Tom  :-})

Thomas A. Condon
Barbershop Bass Singer
Registered Linux User #154358
Interfere not in the business of Dragons,
For you are crunchy when flamed and taste good.