begin  quote
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:29:10 -0500
Shawn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I can tell who lived through the a.out -> ELF transition... *BSD
> waited quite a while longer than Linux.
>
> Or even libc5 -> glibc... Or even other ABI breakage!!!

parts of it I've done (libc5-glibc)  gcc 2.95- > 3 and so on.  it hurts.
especially in systems with less package management than Gentoo has..
(LFS)

But still, its never fun to be locked down with only a partially broken
kernel and a system that wont run without it.

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!