On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Rick Sivernell wrote:

> > Does 'lspci -v' and 'ifconfig -a' list the card?
> > Have you changed kernel recently?
>
>  'lspci -v  I do not have this on any machine, ifconfig -a shows only lo

I assume you did that as root, or tried /sbin/lspci.  If you have
pciutils emerged, you should have lspci.  If not, emerge it as soon as you
have a network again.  :)

Meanwhile, if you're using a 2.4 kernel, you can 'cat /proc/pci'.  If
you're using a 2.6 kernel and didn't compile in support for /proc/pci, you
can still get a rough idea of what's in your system with 'cat
/proc/bus/pci/devices'.  That will list the drivers for anything on the
pci bus, along with a bunch of numbers meaningless to mere mortals.

'ifconfig -a' indicates that your system is not recognizing your card.
I believe that even with cardbus, looking at the pci bus will confirm
this.

In order to solve this, we'll probably need the following: version of
kernel you're using, kernel config, output of dmesg.

--
Marshal Newrock, unemployed Linux user in Lansing, MI
Caution: Product will be hot after heating