On Tuesday 02 September 2003 23:52, Sebastian Bergmann wrote:
>   Hi,
>
>   I have set up fetchmail, procmail and postfix to sort my mail into
>   "nested maildir"s, for instance
>
>     maildirmake /home/sb/.maildir
>
>     maildirmake /home/sb/.maildir/spam
>     maildirmake /home/sb/.maildir/spam/probable
>     maildirmake /home/sb/.maildir/spam/record
>     maildirmake /home/sb/.maildir/spam/sure
>
>   The mails are sorted into their correct maildir directory, but both
>   mutt (working directly on /home/sb/.maildir) and Mozilla Thunderbird
>   (accessing /home/sb/.maildir via courier-imap) only see the mails that
>   are stored in the
>
>     /home/sb/.maildir
>
>   folder.
>
>   What am I doing wrong? :)

I can't tell you the best way to do things, but...

courier-imap doesn't support nested dirs. I use kmail which has a maildir-like
directory stucture. However, your structure in kmail would be stored as:

.maildir/spam
.maildir/.spam.directory
.maildir/.spam.directory/probable
.maildir/.spam.directory/record
.maildir/.spam.directory/sure

Try using mutt to create a nested dir and then use procmail to put it into
that dir. Of course, that doesn't help with courier-imap tho..

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Regards,
Jason