Come-on... No fish in the Gentoo pond..tonight

I'm not asking for you to hold my hand. I just need someone to confirm whether or not
I'm doing
this correctly. It seems that any time there's questions about "etc-update" everyone
seems to be
"hush-hush".

I've layed out what my goal is, what I've done so far, and am only needing
confirmation. I've read
to much info on in the Gentoo forums and am still perplexed..

JBanks