Le 09/17/03 Jayson Garrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit notamment:

> On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 15:12, Phil Jackson wrote:
>> * Jean Magnan de Bornier ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>>
>> > Hello all,
>>
>> Hello Jean,
>>
>> > I want to make a network with two gentoo machines at home, I don't know
>> > what is needed.Could someone point me to some HOWTO?
>>
>> As the first person that replied to this message stated it really
>> depends on what you want to do;
>>
>> A cheap and easy solution might just be two Nics with 10BaseT
>> connecability some 10BaseT cable and a simple hub. If there is only ever
>> going to be two boxes on the lan anything more might be overkill.
>>
>> Phil
>
> Or forget the overhead of the hub and use a crossover cable.
>
> Jayson Garrell
OK I will be more specific: I just want to transfer files from my pc to
my laptop, or make backups of one on the other. I have tried to do that
with a cable (rj45 as it's called in France) connecting them, but then I
could figure out what to do. There is some utility in KDE but I could not
make it work
This is why I believe I need a howto; I am currently reading the NET-HOWTO
but any other advice will be welcome
Thx all,
--
Jean Magnan de Bornier
3 Cours Victor Hugo, 13980 Alleins   France