Ernie Schroder wrote:
On Wednesday 08 October 2003 12:10 pm, Andrew Gaffney wrote:

Ernie Schroder wrote:

I've removed i2c and lm-sensors from my box because there is no
ebuild as yet for version 2.8.0 which I need to support my
chipset (nforce2). I have i2c and lm-sensors-2.8.0 installed from
source. I have done qpkg -q and removed all packages which depend
on them, but emerge -UDp world still wants to install version
2.7.0-r1 of both They are not in the list if I do emerge Up
world. There is nothing in the "Deep" list after the 2 packages
that remotely needs them. I do have i2c support built into the
kernel as modules though they are not being used (won't work with
v-2.8.0) Is this the reason "Deep" wants to add i2c and
lm-sensors? Asside from rebuilding the kernel is there any way to
fix this?

emerge -i sys-apps/i2c-2.7.0-r1 emerge -i sys-apps/lm-sensors-2.7.0-r1

Thanks Andrew. Let's just suppose that down the line I want to resume using a package I have injected. Will simply emerging the package = to or > the version I injected return the package to normal status? Or, is there other magic that must be performed?

Just treat it like its a normal package. Use 'emerge -C <injected package>', 'emerge -u <injected package>', etc.

--
Andrew Gaffney