On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 00:26:15 -0500 (EST), DB Wong wrote:

>> "session lasts less than 10 sek." errmsg.
>
>Have you tried deleting the file "session" under .gnome2 in the root/standard
>user account?  If you do this, you'll start the original default session.

Well i didn't know what this file exactly contains and which side-effects may
occur if i delete it, so i never dit it before.

However, after moving the file to somewhere else, the same thing
happened, that strange error msg, and something about failsafe
sessions. I have no clue how to launch such a 'failsafe session'
under gentoo / gnome / gdm, if there are any.