Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
The Gentoo docs say gs-sources are more stable and reliable then gentoo-sources but gentoo-sources have better performance. How much more stable are the gs vs gentoo-sources? For those who have used both - what is the difference in performance and stability, reliability.

Thanks.

First of all, why ask the same question twice within 2 hrs of each other?

I have not used gs-sources, only because I haven't needed to. gentoo-sources is plenty stable and is most likely a bit faster as well. I use gentoo-sources on both my desktop system and my mail server (which has been up for 2 months.. it's only been booted up once, right after the install ;) not bad for a really old P233 and 2 really old 7giggers.. oh yeah and the really old 72-pin memory that I used to have on my keychain)

before I converted my mail server over to gentoo, it was running RH9 which I had to reboot every 7 days or so because it would start to slow down and get real sluggish.

Every day I thank the god of computers that gentoo is here.

Aaron
--
/usr/bin/fortune says:
After a number of decimal places, nobody gives a damn.