Thank you Aaron.  That's what I was looking for - some reassurance as to what "more
stable" was.  It sounds like gentoo-sources is pretty stable and reliable.

As for asking twice that's my error - I'm just wrapping up the transisiton from
Caldera WS 3.1 to Gentoo.  KDE on the WS 3.1 box decided to die - again so I'm moving
everything over.  Part of that is the move to a new mail program and I thought I'd
entered the address wrong and that it didn't go through especially when I didn't see
the post appear after a long time.  So I resent.