Tom Wesley wrote:

Richard Fish wrote:

Well, some patches are stored in /usr/portage/distfiles.  Others are in
/usr/portage/<group>/<pkg>/files/.  I think the ones in the files/
directory are those created by the Gentoo developers.

Does anyone know if there is an official way to clean the distfiles
directory of old sources.  So far, the best I have is:

mount / -o remount,atime
emerge --fetchonly --emptytree world
find /usr/portage/distfiles -atime +1 -exec rm -v {} \;
mount / -o remount,noatime

-Richard

Attached is a script I have used for months. I believe I found it somewhere on the forum.

To be exact, from my favorite corner of the forums "Documentation Tips & Tricks":

Cleaning out stale distfiles
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=3011