On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 00:28 -0400, Shawn Singh wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> His experience is pretty interesting...
>
> Does portage keep track of settings so that you don't have reconfigure
> it everytime you do an upgrade of a package? In other words, if (for
> example) I emerge apache and it reconfigured to serve webs from
> /var/www/html, instead of /usr/local/htdocs/ would portage get updated
> with that new information?

in fact apache is configured to serve from /var/www/localhost/htdocs,
although I understand users are encouraged to use a feature which
provides virtualised services.

I think you could make doubly sure that portage did not clobber your
files by adding the base directory to CONFIG_PROTECT in /etc/make.conf