On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 15:33 +0100, Jonathan Wright wrote:
> fire-eyes wrote:
> > Well, my fault for not mentioning. But I don't enable module loading
> > support on servers, it is a security risk.
>
> Fair enough. I've done the same on my servers. What's the possibility of
> moving the cards around? The kernel will detect and load them in a
> different order then.

I would do this however one of them is built into the motherboard.

I found a document which claimed with grub all Ihad to do was
netdev=irq=24,name=eth0  however I tried this, a few variations, and
even used two netdev statements, one for each card and it still didn't
swap.

Yeesh, would think this was a trivial thing to pull off.