On 5/3/05, Christoph Gysin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Rumen Yotov wrote:
>
> >>Two questions:
> >>
> >>A.- I could repet emerge with no problem, my questions are:
> >>
> >>      1. Is there any way to resume the process and win time?
> >>

> Short answer: No.
> Long answer: read on below.
>
> >>      2. If not. Would be any problem with the files that the first
> >>partial emerge would have left on the file system?
> >>

> No. If the package failed to compile, nothing has been installed in your
> system. If it failed during copying the files to your real system and
> emerge it again, they simply get overwritten.
>
> >>B.- I'm new on Gentoo, well, really I'm new on linux.
> >>

> Welcome to gentoo, the best flavour of linux!
>
> >>      1.- emerge -avt, shows me which ebuilds will install, isn't it?
> >>Is it possible to select some of them but not the others?
> >>

> No. All the other shown packages necessary to build and run the package
> your about to install.
>
> >>      2.- the sufixes of each ebuild which give me emerge -avt, are
> >>the required/optional/suggested USE switches?
> >>

> These are the USE-switches available to customize this package.
>
> [ebuild   R   ] net-misc/unison-2.12.2  -doc +gtk +gtk2 0 kB
>
> Here, unison gets built with gtk and gtk2 support, but without
> documentation.

Then how to specify I would like the documentation too. Adding the USE
flag on make.conf? or as an optional parameter on emerge?

If I leave make.conf with no one USE flag, then each package will
install with its default flags, isn't it? Would this be a good idea
for a begginer?

> FEATURE="keepwork" will cost you *a lot* of diskspace. If you build a
> complete system with this enabled, be prepared to spend a 50Gb+ disk
> just for /var/tmp/portage.

I see keepwork is not a really good idea.

> Christoph

Thanks for all

Would be easy to go inside Gentoo with an active list like this. I think, no?

Pere