Hi,

        I'm trying to upgrade my current desktop from Gnome 2.8 to gnome 2.10
(under VMware clean install before I take the plunge)

I think everything is working OK except for the fact that
Ximian-connector isn't working.

Evo is 2.2.1.1 and it works, but even though ximian connector is emerged
(emerge -k from my existing install) it doesn't work.

I then tried to emerge it directly (without using the binary but to
compile it again from source/ebuild) and then I came across this error

configure ... evolution development libraries not installed.

I tried googling and searching gentoo bugs/forums and found nothing.

Can anyone tell me what is the development libraries?

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz