On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 16:05 +1000, Zhendong Zhou (Kyle) wrote:
> Hi,
> After installing samba with conf. attached below, I connected from XP Home
> ed. I can browse the directory public, but when I tried to copy some files
> in public to my local XP directory, it failed with 'wrong network path'.
> What happened?

This sound weird. It's definately not a permission issue as far as I can
tell. since you're on the XP box and you're copying to the XP Box. Samba
permissions should not have anything to do with it.

What about permissions on the XP directory?

Are you using the netbios name or the IP address? Try the IP address.

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz